Educating for Tomorrow's World
Our district, working in partnership with all families and the community, is a learning organization of engaged, motivated and high achieving lifelong learners and leaders. We demonstrate this vision when:
- Each learner thrives in a safe, equitable and respectful learning environment that fosters confidence, excellence, and a sense of belonging while honoring difference.
- Each learner receives high quality, personally relevant instruction enhanced by all members of the learning community.
- Each learner studies a challenging academic curriculum that enhances social, emotional, physical and ethical development.
- Each learner meets rigorous academic standards and is prepared for future learning and success in a multicultural society.
The core values of respect, responsibility, leadership and integrity will guide the mission and vision of LCWM:
- Respect - Honoring the uniqueness of myself and others in thought and action.
- Responsibility - Taking ownership for our individual and collective actions and decisions.
- Leadership - Influencing others to achieve a shared goal.
- Integrity - Doing the right thing - even when no one is watching.
Learning Together, Growing Together
The Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial School District serves the communities of Lake Crystal, Butternut, Vernon Center, Rapidan, Judson and Garden City. It serves approximately 850 students in Pre K-12th grade programs. The district received the Lake Crystal Wellcome Memorial name after Lake Crystal paired with the Wellcome Memorial School District in 1987. The Wellcome Memorial school was named by the students in honor of Sir Henry Wellcome for his many contributions to the district. Click on the following link to learn more about Sir Henry Wellcome and the history of the Wellcome Trust.