LCWM 2nd Grade Reading Language Arts Essential Learner Outcomes-What we want the kids to know by the end of 2nd grade:
- I can answer who, what, where, when, why, and how based on what I read.
- I can retell the main idea, lesson, or moral in all genres with one or more paragraphs.
- I can explain how characters solve a problem in a story.
- I can sequence events or ideas from a text.
- I can describe how words and phrases tell the meaning to a story, poem, song, or topic.
- I can use text features to locate and understand information.
- I can read fluently.
- I can state the author's purpose from the text.
- I can give reasons to support the author's point.
- I can recall and describe the main idea and details from information presented orally.