SPOTLIGHT DANCE CLASSES (Age 3 to Grade 12)
SAVE THE DATES!
Spring Dance Dress Rehersal and Picture Day - May 1
Spring Dance Recital - May 2
Spring Session - $65
All classes will be held on Tuesdays in the small gym at the Elementary School:
Right now, classes are scheduled for these times:
PreSchool, Kindergarten, Grade 1 - 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Grade 2 - 3:30-4:00 p.m.
Grades 3 & 4 - 4:00-4:30 p.m.
Grades 5 & 6 - 4:30-5:00 p.m.
Grades 7-12 - 5:00-5:40 p.m.
If classes have too small of size, or too large of a size, classes may be combined or split. If this happens, times may change to suit the new amount of classes.
Dates: February 2-April 27.
If some dates need to be cancelled due to COVID-19 procedures, there will not be a refund given.
DANCE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Registration & Payment
- Registration and payment can be completed online.
- You must pay dance fee before you take any dance lessons.
- Dance fees are paid to LCWM Community Education. Please do not pay the dance instructor.
- No refunds for skipped lessons due to vacation, illness or other activities. The instructor will be at all classes and students should also do their best to attend.
- Participant will not dance at winter showcase or dance recitals if dance fees are not paid.
- If your child does discontinue dance, inform the instructor and the LCWM Community Education office. No refunds will be given after the first 2 weeks.
- Please provide your email address during registration and check it regularly as notices and reminders will be distributed in this manner.
- Please notify the Comm. Ed. Office if your email address changes during the dance season.
- Dress code for dance lessons
- Wear comfortable clothing and put hair up.
- All beginners thru grade six will need low heeled tap shoes and ballet slippers.
Online places to purchase dance shoes:
* Also, check out Step-N-Stretch in Burnsville
- If students are released early due to inclement weather or school is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be no dance classes.
- If there is bad weather during class, the dance instructor or after school supervisor will call off class. Students will be allowed to call the parents and an adult will stay with students until they are picked up.
- Notices may be sent home with any new information on the day of dance class. Please check with your student to see if a note was sent home.
- If you have lost an item after dance, please check with an office at one of the following locations: Elementary school, Secondary school or Community Education.
Code of Conduct
- Dance participants must stay at the designated area assigned for dance students before and after class.
- Absolutely no running in the school buildings. Shoes with heel skates are not permitted in any LCWM School building.
- LCWM Community Education has contracted with Spotlight Dance Company to provide dance classes.
- The main instructor will be McCall Bisel.
- In case of an emergency or illness, a competent substitute will be used, as designated by Spotlight Dance Company.
- If you need to talk to the instructor, please contact McCall Bisel at email@example.com