SPOTLIGHT DANCE CLASSES (Age 3 to Grade 12)
SAVE THE DATES!
Dance Registration Night
August 29, 2018
First Dance Practice
September 18, 2018
January 27, 2019
May 5, 2019
Per session ~ $90 (due Sept. 11/Dec. 4)
Full year ~ $160 (due Sept. 11)
* Additional costume costs apply and are not included
All classes will be held on Tuesdays. Note class locations.
The following classes will be held in the small gym at the Elementary School:
Kindergarten ~ 3:00-3:30 p.m.
Grade 1 ~ 3:30-4:00 p.m.
Grade 2 ~ 4:00-4:30 p.m.
Grade 3 ~ 4:30-5:00 p.m.
Grade 4 ~ 5:00-5:30 p.m.
Preschool ~ 5:30-6 p.m.
The following classes will be held on the stage at the Secondary School:
Grade 5 ~ 6:15-6:45 p.m.
Grade 6 ~ 6:45-7:25 p.m.
Grade 7/8 ~ 7:25-8:05 p.m.
Grade 9-12 ~ 8:05-8:45 p.m.
Dates: Sept. 19-Dec. 5 & Jan. 9-May 1
There will be NO Dance on 12/11, 12/18, 12/25, 1/1 and 4/23.
Supervised childcare is available during the Tuesday classes from 3-6 p.m.
Childcare ~ $40/session or $5/drop-in
DANCE POLICIES & PROCEDURES
- Registration & Payment
- Registration and payment can be completed online, mailed to the Community Education office or dropped off at any LCWM office.
- You must pay dance fee before you take any dance lessons.
- Dance fees are paid to LCWM Community Education. Please do not pay the dance instructor.
- No refunds for skipped lessons due to vacation, illness or other activities. The instructor will be at all classes and students should also do their best to attend.
- Participant will not dance at winter showcase or dance recitals if dance fees are not paid.
- If your child does discontinue dance, inform the instructor and the LCWM Community Education office. No refunds will be given after the first 2 weeks.
- Please put your email address on the registration form and check it regularly as notices and reminders will be distributed in this manner.
- Please notify the Comm. Ed. Office if your email address changes during the dance season.
- Costumes will be ordered for your child and used at winter showcase, pictures and recitals.
- Late registrants (after Oct. 10) are not guaranteed a costume so please register early!
- Once costumes are ordered, the participant must pay the costume cost - even if they quit dance!
- The cost of the costume is NOT part of the dance fee. It is an additional cost. You will pay the instructor before you get your costume. Price range varies from $30-$70. Occasionally, a dance group may have more than one costume that they wear during the recital. Participants will be informed of other dance costume supplies (i.e. tights, shirts, shorts) that they will need to purchase for the recital in March or April.
- Dancers have the option of purchasing a “finale” t-shirt for the dance recital, which costs approx. $10. Order forms for the “Finale” shirt will be emailed in February .
- You will need to purchase your own tights and dance shoes.
- Dress code for dance lessons
- Wear comfortable clothing and put hair up.
- All beginners thru grade six will need low heeled tap shoes and ballet slippers.
Online places to purchase dance shoes:
* Also, check out Step-N-Stretch in Burnsville
- Winter Showcase:
- The Winter Showcase will be held on Sunday, January 27.
- There will be a show at 1 pm and 3 pm.
- Cost of admission will be $4 for adults & $2 for students (K-12).
- Preschool and Kindergarten dancers will only be required to preform at one of the shows.
- Dance Recitals
- To help prepare the dance participants for the recital, an “in-school” performance will be conducted on Friday, May 3rd at the Elementary School. This performance is only for the viewing of elementary students and staff. Students in grades K-12 participate. More details will be provided in April.
- There will be 2 dance recitals to be held at the LCWM Secondary School Cafetorium on Sunday, May 5, 2019. The recitals will begin at 1 p.m. and 5 p.m.
- Preschool and Kindergarten Dancers will only be required to perform at one of the recitals.
- Admission for the recital will be: Adults - $6, Students - $4
- Seats are on a first come, first serve basis. Reserved seating will only be granted to parent volunteers and Live/Silent Auction purchasers.
- The spring dance recital is typically 2 hours in length.
- Dancers performing at the recital consist of LCWM Community Education participants and Spotlight Dance Company Competition teams. Participants on the competition teams include dancers from Lake Crystal, Mankato, Mapleton, Minnesota Lake, Amboy, Good Thunder, Wells and other surrounding communities.
- Please let the instructor know if the dance participant will not be in the recital as all choreography is done according to numbers and dropping out is confusing and unfair to the dance class.
- Weather Issues
- If students are released early due to inclement weather or school is cancelled due to inclement weather, there will be no dance classes.
- If there is bad weather during class, the dance instructor or after school supervisor will call off class. Students will be allowed to call the parents and an adult will stay with students until they are picked up.
- Other Information
- Notices may be sent home with any new information on the day of dance class. Please check with your student to see if a note was sent home.
- Picture information will be sent home in January 2019
- If you have lost an item after dance, please check with an office at one of the following locations: Elementary school, Secondary school or Community Education.
- Code of Conduct
- Dance participants must stay at the designated area assigned for dance students before and after class.
- Absolutely no running in the school buildings. Shoes with heel skates are not permitted in any LCWM School building.
- After School Childcare
- Childcare will be provided for students in grades K-5 only.
- The fee for services is $40 per session/per child. Drop-in is available for $5 per child/day. Drop in participants will receive a slip from the supervisor regarding payment information.
- Please give all childcare payments to the Community Education office only.
- An adult supervisor will be provided to watch dance participants only (no friends or siblings) from 2:50 pm to 6 pm on Tuesdays.
- Childcare participants must be picked up by 6 pm. Late pick-ups will be charged $5 unless prior notice is given for being late.
- A snack will be provided for all participants.
- Participants will be encouraged to complete their homework during this time, but some activities (i.e. craft projects, board games and other games) will be available.
11. Kindergarten Dancers
- Kindergarten dancers will be picked up from their classrooms at 2:50 pm. They will be brought to the bathrooms to change as a group and brought to class as a group. A letter will be sent home with more information with your child on the first day of dance.
- Instructor Information
- LCWM Community Education has contracted with Spotlight Dance Company to provide dance classes.
- The main instructor will be McCall Bisel.
- In case of an emergency or illness, a competent substitute will be used, as designated by Spotlight Dance Company.
- If you need to talk to the instructor, please contact McCall Bisel at email@example.com